Hello Fall! Nice to see you again. You might be my favorite but then I say the same thing when Summer comes around, and Spring.
A few of my fall goals:
- Apple Picking in Mendocino
- Squash soup, squash risotto, spaghetti squash, roasted squash.. you get the point with the squash fetish
- Wine Picnic
- Black polka dot tights like these
- Homemade Apple Cider
- Repaint my kitchen table
- Burlap and Lace photo shoot
- Okay, and maybe cheat on Fall with Christmas projects such as homemade Xmas decorations, Christmas Cards for clients, and our Oliver and Michele Christmas card.
A pumpkin loving dessert was also on the fall to-do list, pumpkin doughnuts, sweet and spice and all that is nice, that is what a pumpkin doughnut is made of.
P.S. Do enjoy these with a warm cup of Jo, or big glass of milk.
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts (makes six doughnuts)
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt and pinch of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup pure canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat over to 425 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix, combine wet ingredients in bowl and mix. Slowly, add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. With a plastic Ziploc bag spoon in the batter, cut a tip-off and fill greased doughnut pans 1/3 full. Make sure it is evenly distributed. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons water
Melt butter on low heat, place in bowl, add sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon, slowly combine and add water. Mix until smooth and glazed over the doughnuts.
All those yummy circles…