Yesterday, I shared this pumpkin party post and now I show you all those colorful pumpkins in my home on my fireplace mantle. My fall mantle has a collection of metallic objects like my mercury glass candle holders and my collection of vintage silver and brass trays and an owl. The pumpkins are a kind compliment to the mantle and although full and dramatic it is quite lovely, especially in the evening.
A few suggestions:
- Add height with objects around your house such as candlesticks, books, cake stands, and elements from outside branches, driftwood…
- Objects look better in groups of odds
- Mix metals
- Off center your objects and use their best face forward
- Use nature when possible for a balance
- Vintage pieces add character and are conversation starters