Nothing says a good weekend like a glass of champagne in the form of a mimosa or bellini. Ali and I planned an ultimate Saturday delight a few weekends ago, which included scones, quiche, great music, crafting and a champagne bar.
I set up a small, yet charming, champagne corner in my house and used a galvanized bucket filled with ice to keep the bubbly chilled and used glass liter jars of fresh orange juice and fresh peach nectar. It was a welcoming way for guests to make their champagne concoction. My style of hostessing is “my house is your house” as I like to make sure everything is easily accessible for my guests.
For the ingredients, you will need good champagne and proseco, fresh peach puree, fresh squeeze orange juice and a garnish such as raspberries, strawberries, oranges, mint or blueberries. Make sure you have a lot of ice on hand to keep your bottles chilled and enough champagne glasses for your guests.
For non-traditional recipe ideas try: Blood Orange Mimosas, Passionfruit Bellinis, or a watermelon and lime mimosa
And, didn’t I mention great music? No party is complete without some lively songs.
Here is a music playlist for you to enjoy:
- The National- High Violet
- J.J Cale- Call Me The Breeze
- David Bowie – Sound And Vision
- Beirut- Postcards From Italy
- Talking Heads- This Must Be The Place
- Wild Nothing- Summer Holiday
- Sam Cooke- Good News
- Bootsy Collins- I’d Rather Be With You
- Gardens & Villas- Black Hills
- Emmylou Harris- Two More Bottles of Wine
- Andrew Bird- Fiery Crash
- Arcade Fire- Sprawl ii
- Bruce Springsteen – Girls In Their Summer Clothes
- Fiest- Brandy Alexander